Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Custom Ewok with Stormtrooper Helmet Ornament

Well, while I was done with Yoda ornament, I was still in the mood for another. I also had all of my tools out on my desk, why not try one more, right?

When I was looking for Stormtrooper helmet references for "Star Wars Deluxe Design a Vinyl Storm Trooper Play Set", I came across an awesome design by SKL0 and I really like it.  I knew that I could utilize that reference and get this custom ornament done ASAP.

By using sharpie, I marked certain areas so that I know where to carve/shave and build up each area. I didn't take that many photos since I just needed to complete this one as fast as I could.

Nest step... Just getting the rough shape in place.

Now a bit more detailed sculpting...

I also baked several "round" black sculpy III for his eye. I must had a dozen different sizes to figure out the best size. It's much easier for me to sculpt around hardened eye for details. I overlaid fairly thin sculpey around his body, feet and arms so that I can put lines as his fur.

Instead of spraying primer, I used Liquitex gesso to prep surface. I must have put good 3-4 layers here.  Now time to paint!


Now it's all done!!!



...now to the 360 view


Close-up/Fisheye view

...and a bonus image with watercolor.



1 comment:

  1. Well, while I was done with Yoda ornament, I was still in the mood for another. I also had all of my tools out on my desk, why not try one more, ... yornament.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete